Okay so if it isn’t already clear from the title, I do consulting for a living. AND I travel, every week.My traveling statistics look somewhat like this:
Miles traveled per week = 3500
Hours spent up in the air = 9
Honestly, I do like traveling. What I DON’T like, besides being away from my husband dear <boo sad face>, is not having all my skincare and beauty products close to me for all the times I suddenly feel like using that face mask that is lying neatly tucked away in my closet at home across the country.
Anyhoo, so back to the traveling…Spending all that time in the air and shuttling between two extreme weather conditions – one super chilly and the other tropical – plays havoc on my skin and makes it go completely crazy. I have a travel bag with the usual stuff I need – facewash, eye cream, sunscreen, the whole deal – that I keep in my suitcase at all times. These items I swap from my stash constantly depending on how I’m feeling that week. However, despite not being able to bring everything I own with me, I make it a point to carry some travel skincare favorites at all times that I absolutely cannot live without!
At some point in my mind I decided that I like the number 5 and to always have the “top 5” for everything. So here it is – my Top 5 Travel Essentials for the Traveling Consultant. Or maybe just all you travelers!
- My homemade scrub with oatmeal and other pure and natural ingredients. You can find the recipe here. It is gentle enough to use every day and keeps my skin supple and hydrated.
- Perricone MD Face Finishing Moisturizer: I have oily-combination skin, with the oily parts always being super oily! I typically do not like creams, but I use this as my night cream. It keeps my skin moisturized without making it oily. This is definitely my new favorite face cream.
- VO5 Hot oil treatment: I love that it takes only a minute in the shower and results in amazingly soft voluminous hair! Without doubt, one of my most adored haircare items!!
- Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads: I bought this on a whim when I had a discount coupon for a skincare website that had very limited options to buy. But I should say I wasn’t disappointed! The body polisher is a gel with tiny scrubbing particles that scrub the body gently without being harsh. Since the bottle is too big, I make sure to refill a travel size bottle to bring with me.
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir: I love LOVE this face mist! With all the time spent in the plane, my skin gets very dehydrated. I love to mist my face with this to add some hydration back. Not to mention, I really enjoy how it feels on my skin – slightly minty and cool as it evaporates. Another one of those wonderful products I can’t live without!!